This post is part of the Stretch Yourself Series hosted by Miriam of Mad Mim and Miranda of One Little Minute. They are doing a wonderful series on sewing with knits. They asked me if I wanted to do a project with knits so today I'll show you how to use fabric paint on knits. The other guest poster on this category is Anna from Paunnet so make sure you check out her blog as well.
Ready to make some tube scarfs for boys and girls (or yourself) ? Here we go!
1. Get your tools ready. My fabric was 150 cm long and 75 cm wide.
3. Put some paint on the stamp. Try first on a piece of fabric so you'll know how much paint to use.
6. Now you're ready to sew the scarfs. Put the long ends of the fabric together (wrong sides facing) and sew. You've created a tube. Make sure you leave an opening so you can turn the scarf inside out later.
7. Now put the two ends of the tube together (right sides facing) and sew. This can be a bit tricky. Turn and sew the opening closed by hand.
8. Put it on and enjoy your work.